Annelise Blair Fagan

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Alice Claire Fagan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Two weeks old already!

On Tuesday, June 30, Annelise was 2 weeks old! This has definitely been the most challenging two weeks of my life. Overcoming post-partum hormones, learning how to breastfeed, and functioning on very little sleep has been difficult. And of course Bryan is still studying 12 hours a day for his board exam and comes home every day to a messy house, a tired wife, and a crying newborn...just to add to his stress. But those moments when Annelise is still, quiet, and cuddly, we both melt and the "job" and "responsibility" of parenthood turnes into sheer joy.

Tuesday Bryan and I took Annelise to see her pediatrician for the first time. Unfortunately, our pediatrician (Dr. Flowers) was on vacation so we had to see someone else (Dr. Lee). We actually liked Dr. Lee very much and are glad that now we know two of the pediatricians at the group. However, Dr. Lee happened to be the only physician at the clinic on Tuesday so she was running far behind schedule. We waited to see her for an hour! Annelise waited patiently and we found out that she weighs 7lbs 9oz! Her original birth weight was 7.3, so she's doing great!! When the nurse took off all of Annelise's clothes to weigh her, of course she starting screaming. The nurse commented on how loud her cry was! She said she sounds like a much older baby than 2 weeks old because her cry is so loud. I'm not sure that I'm proud of that fact, especially in the middle of the night. I quizzed Dr. Lee on everything I could possibly think of and we were finally out the door. Not soon enough, becuase Annelise had run out of patience after 2 hours and screamed all the way home. Our next visit is in 6 weeks...for immunizations. : (

Below are some recent photos:

Dressed up for our first pediatrician visit in a special dress hand made by Gran
Asleep before we ever made it in the car!
Big sister Shelby and Annelise napping. They are both great cuddlers!Snoozing in the "Miracle Blanket" that Daddy calls a straightjacket. A friend of mine told me about this special swaddling blanket and I'm so glad I took her advice. It's wonderful! Annelise goes right to sleep the minute I wrap her in it. I ordered an additional two of them at 3am this morning when I realized how great she was sleeping!

2 comments:

Gracie and Bryan Gaspard said...

I am so glad to hear that Annelise's first doctor's appointment went well! Thanks for the pediatrician recommendations too! We ended up seeing Dr. Denney last week and we love him...he was able to answer all our questions the way we had hoped : ) I would love to bring you dinner sometime in the next week or two so please let me know when you might like me to! Happy 4th of July!!

Amy Stewart said...

So glad the doctor's appointment went well! She is absolutely adorable! (I know I say that every time I see a new picture!) PLEASE let me know what the miracle blanket is and where in the world I can find one! I can promise you I will be needing one soon!