I remember my cousin Laura asked at our wedding, "Do you think you will still fit in that wedding dress this time next year?" And of course, I said, "YES!" However, I guess I wouldn't after all! But for a very good reason. Below are photos from yesterday of me (and Annelise.)


If someone would have told me last year on this day that I would be 9 months pregnant on our first anniversary, I would have never believed them! As ironic as it is, Annelise's due date is June 17--exactly one month past our anniversary. Don't be confused by the math...we had been married for months. : )
Since our doctor did not like the idea of us going out of town to celebrate, we had to make do celebrating at home. So Bryan and I took Friday off together and spent the day finishing up Annelise's room. Bryan built shelves and a drawer in her closet (very impressive!), hung shelves on the wall, and he even painted the guest bathroom. I love the way her room turned out! I can't keep myself out of there!! Although even our new camera doesn't do it justice, I wanted to post some photos.
Since today Bryan has to study and I have to work on my dissertation, we went out for dinner last night to A.J.'s. The sweet hostess really helped me out to make our night special. Earlier in the day I brought her two framed photos of Bryan and I on our wedding day and the top layer of our wedding cake that has been in the freezer for the past year. When we arrived she had decorated a cozy corner table with beautiful fresh flowers and the two photos, and then our waitress brought us champagne. (I just had a tiny sip to toast to many more years together!)
Our meal was wonderful and then Bryan was surprised again when the waitress brought out our wedding cake complete with the cake topper and glowing candles. And neither of us could believe how delicious our cake still was! It was a fun night and great to celebrate such a special occasion.


No comments:
Post a Comment