Annelise Blair Fagan

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Alice Claire Fagan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

So Much to be Thankful For

What a wonderful Thanksgiving we had! Annelise made her first trip to Arkansas--she was a perfect little traveler! The 5 hour drive actually went by rather quickly. Shelby, Annelise, and I all napped while Bryan drove us there safely.

Annelise was greeted by her cousins Sam, Tolly, Bonnie; Uncle Mike and Aunt Jess; Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa, and her Grandma. Bonnie was so excited to see "Baby Weise"--so cute!!!

Thanksgiving is a reminder for me to be thankful for all of the blessings in my life, including those that I take for granted. Bryan and I have worked out a way for me to quit my job and stay home with Annelise and my dissertation. My last day at work was November 12. It was a tough decision because I really enjoyed my job, working at the hospital, and the people I worked with. And, life as a stay at home Mom/FT student isn't as easy as I thought it would be. But, I'm so very grateful for the chance to spend every day with our precious Annelise and time to finish my PhD, and for Bryan's support in this major decison.

Bryan and I are thankful everyday for a perfect, healthy baby girl who has added so much joy to our lives.

No comments: