Annelise Blair Fagan

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Alice Claire Fagan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 30, 2010

Tupelo Honeys

We made it to Tupelo! Friday morning, July 9, I put Annelise asleep in my car at 5am in the hopes that she would sleep all the way to Tupelo (no such luck). The night before Bryan and I packed our cars and a U-Haul trailer and prepared for our move from my friend Haley's house (that we've been renting) to our new home. Our closing couldn't have gone any smoother (about 15 minutes!) and we drove to our new address: 1531 Sunflower Circle.

We were very excited to be there, but unfortunately our movers couldn't deliver any of our furniture until the following Monday. We had Annelise's crib, but Bryan and I slept on an air mattress all weekend and ordered take-out. He had to be back in Jackson Monday morning, so Annelise and I dealt with the movers. It was a DIFFICULT week to say the least! Boxes were stacked to the ceiling in some rooms and there wasn't walking space anywhere. Annelise and I got to work quickly, but I don't ever remember being as exhausted as I was at the end of each day. Bryan has been living with a friend in Jackson so he could finish his fellowship, but he's driven the 3 hours from Jackson to Tupelo each weekend to be with us. His fellowship ends on Sunday, so Monday he will make the trip one last time and we will all be together again as a family...finally. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Here's a photo of Annelise and "Nay-Nay" the neighbor's cat, who isn't sure where his/her home is. Annelise gets so excited to see Nay-Nay outside!

Got my purse and sunglasses, and I'm ready to go!

Mom and Granny Ruth heard the desperation in my voice over the phone too many times, and they knew I could use a girls weekend of nesting. So, they came for a visit last weekend. They played with Annelise and sewed curtains for the girls' rooms, and gave me time to relax. Bryan and I even got to go on a date by ourselves! Of course, Annelise was spoiled getting to do just about whatever she wanted. She convinced my grandmother that 98 degrees wasn't too hot for blowing bubbles on the front porch.

Annelise and Granny Ruth

No comments: