Annelise Blair Fagan

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Alice Claire Fagan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

2 Months...Already!

Thinking back on my life I always was in pursuit of the "next" thing and wished time would go by quicker--to get my driver's license, to start college, to finish nursing school, to get married, and so on. Now, life is suddenly in fast-forward and I want nothing more than for time to stand still. Annelise is growing so fast and maternity leave is quickly coming to an end. I try to stretch every minute of every day with her. She's changing quickly and developing a personality. We have less and less time as "tomato head" and more time smiling and "talking" to each other. Precious moments that I don't want to end.

Bryan started his fellowship at MS Sports Medicine on August 3. He's been very busy, but seems to be enjoying it and is learning lots. We miss him already as he leaves early in the morning and doesn't make it home sometimes until late. He will be the (football) team doctor for MS Valley State University. Go Delta Devils. Yeah.

Daddy and Annelise after work one day
My super-creative Mom made Annelise a special swaddling blanket, but apparently I don't know how to use it. Annelise doesn't have patience for me to figure it out. Actually, she was content when I got the camera out, but "tomato head" appears in an instant.
Mom--can you send us some directions?

Whoops. Sorry Daddy! Must have had too much milk!

Fancied up in a dress and bonnet for an evening out on the town!

Her 2-month birthday meant 2-month immunizations! Awful! We had a good visit with her pediatrician and she is in perfect health and development. She weighs 11 lbs, 6 ounces! All was well, but then the nurse came in to give her the injections. THREE!!! She cried louder, but I cried longer. It was pitiful. I held her tight for a few minutes and she settled down, but Bryan had to hold me for a while. Here's a picture of her sporting her two band-aids--one on each leg.
Watching T.V. with Papa
Talking to Gran about all sorts of things...

Grandpa is so funny!!!

Annelise's great-grandparents from New Orleans (Maman and Papa) made a trip to Hattiesburg to meet her. At the same time, her great-grandparents from Bogalusa also visited. So, we now have a very special picture...Annelise with two sets of great-grandparents. It was a fun day with lots of "spoiling" going on! We are so fortunate to have a total of 3 sets of great-grandparents!

This past weekend Annelise and her cousin Lilah had their first slumber party together at Gran's house. Lilah was very interested in Annelise and couldn't figure out why she made so much noise! Lilah is a sweet girl who smiles way more than she (softly) cries. Maybe Annelise is trying to show off her lung capacity? Lilah went right to sleep, but Annelise stayed awake for a while worried she may miss something! It was so much fun to watch these two together!After going to church with both babies (which was quite an experience!) the cousins played on Gran's pretty quilt. They played well together for a while until Lilah decided to explore Annelise's face with a gentle poke in the eye. Annelise was not very forgiving.

Shelby is impressed that someone figured out a pillow design to fit around a dog--a Boppy.

A sweet face I could stare into all day...

Ready for football season--GO HOGS!!!

1 comment:

Jean, and Daphney (Jackson too!) said...

Annelise is too cute. I laugh out loud any time I hear about 'tomato head' !!